Instagram

Saturday 9 May 2015

KIKO Milano-Haul and Review


I'd only ever really seen KIKO products a few times on blog posts/videos and it wasn't a brand I was particularly familiar with. So a few weeks ago I decided to make a few online orders (make-up and skincare posts here) and thought I'd take a look at the KIKO website. The first thing I noticed was the price of products £3.90 for a lipstick, £7.50 for a blush! Normally I do agree with the saying if you spend more the quality is better and a lot of the time this is true but I couldn't resist the low prices!


I didn't go too crazy I purchased 2 lipsticks, 2 lip liners, a blush, a cream eye shadow stick and a pencil lipgloss. Everything came to just over £25 I think-that's the minimum price amount you can order-but it was definitely worth every penny! I was so excited to when the parcel was delivered I couldn't wait to open it and wanted to swatch and try everything out straight away, I think that always something us bloggers have to try and resist doing before we take our pictures! But finally when I tried everything out I wasn't disappointed one bit! I genuinely loved everything! Obviously I have my favourites out of everything i got but nothing let me down! Anyway on to the product reviews!


KIKO Smart Lipsticks
 Firstly I'd like to start off by saying these are only £3.90! Now for me i am already thinking bargain before I've even opened the packaging. They are really moisturising which is surprising as a lot of cheaper lipsticks can tend to dry out after 10 minutes or so on the lips and these don't, the smell of them is so nice think MAC lipsticks but nicer, yes I'm saying it, they smell better than MAC lipsticks, they don't smell too artificial and have a nice creamy vanilla scent.
Shade 01.914 Amaranth is a dark plummy purple shade but there is definitely a bit of pink in there to. It does look a lot darker online and in the bullet than it is when you apply it, but the formula makes up for that, they are more of a lipstick gloss as they are really hydrating and have a nice shine to them.
Shade 02.918 Classic Rose is a rose shade-hence the name-and also what a shocker I've picked up another dusty rose lipstick but this is slightly different to other ones I've picked up in the past, as it's sheer when you apply it and there is just a hint of colour which is great for summer, again really hydrating and I think I prefer it to the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in the shade 08.

KIKO Soft Touch Blush
Again as this was so cheap i couldn't resist! At only £7.50 you do get a really nice blush here, the colour i got was 102 Natural Pink and again you cant go wrong with a natural pink blush and that is exactly what you get. A matt blush, no shimmer at all, which makes it look really natural on the cheeks. The pigment of the blush is also really great-I've picked up blushers and bronzer's in the past and you go to swatch them and nothing comes off and its disappointing when you spend £15+ on something that doesn't live up to it's expectations but with this it surprised me at how good it was-definitely want to purchase a few more of these! They are very compact as well and come with a mirror so perfect for in your make-up bag or when travelling!


KIKO Long Lasting Stick Eye Shadow
I was kinda sceptical about this as I'm not a massive fan of dark coloured creamy eye shadows I much prefer a nude shade but as I was testing out this brand for the first time I thought I'd try something different. I went for the shade 06 Golden Brown as it was the first shade that caught my eye and I'm glad I decided to go with it! I have greeny/hazel eyes so anything gold/bronze looks really nice-so I new the colour wasn't a problem when it arrived it was going the be the formula if anything-how long would it last? Would the pigment be true? This surprised me also, it claims to last for 8 hours, which isn't too long like some of these brands that claim eye shadows will last 24hrs I mean who even wears make-up for that long?

 Anyway after swatching it I've found out three things-all great-firstly they are so creamy and soft which leads on to point number two you can blend them really well and easily which makes me think the black version of this would make the perfect smokey eye! And last but not least once applied they are staying there for a while, I must of had that swatch on my hand for easily 5 hours and it wasn't until I scrubbed at it it came off so I believe they really would last 8 hours-BONUS! 


KIKO Pencil Lipgloss
I wasn't sure when this one arrived as the name kind of made me think how is this right? A pencil that's a lipgloss-sure! But it actually is! It looks exactly like a pencil-its even wooden-but when applied it turns into a gloss, which is super cool but you think its going to be tough to apply but its so smooth and glossy! I got it in the shade 09 Light Beige and it is exactly that but its a beige that looks nice with my pale skin! It doesn't make me look like I've got foundation on my lips-never a good look! The shade 12 Wine Red looks like it would be perfect for winter months!


KIKO Smart Lip Pencil
I have saved the best till last! The perfect lip pencil for me has to have good pigmentation, creamy, not pull at the lip and has to stay on the lips and these ones from KIKO tick all the boxes! They go on like a dream, so so easy to apply, really blendable and they look great as just a liner or if you want to colour in the whole lip, they look fantastic either way!

 I got two shades first 712 Rose Mauve (another rose shade I know) this is definitely my favourite out of the two, just a perfect everyday lasting lip pencil and the second shade is 701 Pearly Pink Peony (the name drew me in) this one is a slightly lighter shade than what I'd normally go for but would be the perfect baby pink liner-definitely a summer shade! 

So there you have it, my 'KIKO Milano-Haul and Review'. I hope you have enjoyed reading about what I got and hopefully it helps you make any decisions if you're thinking of buying any of their products too-I highly recommend them, they really are great quality products but so cheap, 100% worth every penny! Please leave a comment if you've tried any of the products/if you recommend any I'd love to know your thoughts and opinions! Thanks again!

EverydayToots
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Tamara. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig